|Dedicated to Chandler S. Robbins, originator of the survey, to honor his 50 years of government service|
Draft 2004 Analysis Now Available For Review.
We request comments on the 1966-2004 analysis, which can be viewed at this link.
Please cite this Page as:Sauer, J. R., J. E. Hines, and J. Fallon. 2004. The North American Breeding Bird Survey, Results and Analysis 1966 - 2003. Version 2004.1. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
Most Recent Update: 7 June 2004.
(1) This is our first version of the 1966 - 2003 analysis. Remember the disclaimer!, and please let us know about errors or other issues that limit the use and value of this site.
(2) There are probably a few species naming issues that lead to empty result pages. Please bring these to our attention, and we will correct them.
(3) New maps (e.g., distribution maps) have been provided here. Older versions are still available, so please note the time periods covered by each set of maps.
(4) Some species are grouped for analysis. These are indicated on the selection lists.
(5) Earlier versions of the web site have been archived, and are accessible via links.
(6) New items on this website include re
Summary information on population change by region and time period
This program allows you to display trends for 3 time intervals, by species. Indices are provided as links from the species names
This program allows you to display trends for 3 time intervals, by region. Indices are provided as links from the region names
These are relative abundance maps, estimated over the interval 1994-2003.
These are maps of population change, based on the 1966-2003 interval.
This link takes you to the population change analysis results for bird conservation regions.
This program allows you to estimate mean abundance from BBS data for any species, at any location in the survey area. (This now includes Alaska!)