Chandler S. Robbins,
originator of the survey, to honor his 50 years of government service
Please cite this Page as:
Sauer, J. R., J. E. Hines, and J. Fallon. 2005.
The North American Breeding Bird Survey, Results and Analysis 1966 - 2004.
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
Most Recent Update: 3 June 2005.
(1) This is an archived version of the 1966 - 2004 analysis. Remember the disclaimer! The interactive trend programs of the website are no longer supported, and may not be fully operational.
(2) There are probably a few species naming issues that lead to empty result pages.
(3) Maps (e.g., distribution maps) have not yet been updated with 2004 data. Older versions are still available, so please note the time periods covered by each set of maps.
(4) Some species are grouped for analysis. These are indicated on the selection lists.
(5) New addition on 27 May 2005: Data for annual index graphs are now listed below the graphics in the regional and species-specific trend results.
(6) Credibility codes for trend estimates updated on 6/03/2005 in response to user comments.
(7) Earlier versions of the web site have been archived, and are accessible via links.