|Dedicated to Chandler S. Robbins, originator of the survey, to honor his 50 years of government service|
Please cite this Page as:Sauer, J. R., J. E. Hines, and J. Fallon. 2002. The North American Breeding Bird Survey, Results and Analysis 1966 - 2001. Version 2002.1, USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
Most Recent Update: 29 May 2002.
(1) This analysis will be the final 2000 analysis, and a draft 2001 analysis will be available shortly. (2) The BBS database has undergone extensive revisions in 1998-2000, and many of the changes will be reflected in the results. Please let us know about any problems you encounter!
(3) Some 1966 - 1996 analyses (e.g., distribution maps) have been retained here, but most of the trend results from earlier analyses have been moved to archives.
(4) Some species are grouped for analysis. These are indicated on the selection lists.
(5) Earlier versions of the web site have been archived, and are accessible via links.
(6) A credibility index has been added to trend results. This symbol flags imprecise, small sample size, or otherwise questionable results.